Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Gabou, Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar Elowen » 30 Sep 2018 23:25

Noticed this yesterday when I went to check on the info for a creature which has a broken image (in that it's showing up as the creature immediately preceding it in the clan) but the Infos hasn't been working for me on any creatures, probably since the new shop redesign was implemented as interaction options are a bit flaky now as well
Spoiler: show
(brushing shows up as 'your creature is sick' and pinks out when used, feeding and playing no longer pink out, time left till the next day was glitchy for a moment but seems to be fixed and the daily reset for actions has changed (looks like it's occurring at midday (unless it's moved to 'my' midnight), but the creatures don't wake up again till site midnight which is REALLY confusing and making it harder to interact with them. (Bonus though can now click both feed, play and brush actions at the same time which you couldn't do previously, though this can't be all that great for the server)

The new navigation for plushies etc is MUCH more friendly than the previous 'decorations' update though the plushie now drops in at the top of the screen which is frustrating as I have to scroll up to find and move it to a more sensible location.

Anyway is it just a problem with the older Palemoon browser, a javascript issue that's broken or is there something else going on as to why I can't see which series the creatures came from and be able to change their homeland and other details?

(It's more of an issue for me as the site seems to treat my computer as an old tablet/mobile when it's most definitely NOT one and this seems to cause ongoing issues with how the site displays (the way the clans and trade groups are handled since that was changed is nasty and the decorations have always been hard to use because of it) or are other users in the same boat

(Oh and I almost forgot, when you tab left/right from the creature page the info/title in the browser is now 'stuck' on the first creature you opened in the tab... which also makes it harder for me to interact with creatures when using multiple tabs too)

Elowen

Message(s) : 97
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar Gabou » 30 Sep 2018 23:49

That's pretty weird, I have just installed Pale moon to see how the site is displayed (it is version 28.1) and everything is displayed just fine, clans and profile.

It looks like pale moon is based on previous versions of Firefox which should work fine.

Could you try to display a creature in a private window ? You are not the only one who have issues with the "infos" panel of the creatures but for now I haven't managed to reproduce it and have not found what is causing it.

Many parts of the profile are now loaded on demand to make the page faster so the browser cache may have saved a faulty version of the infos panel, you can try to reset it only for Gothicat World.

For the clans page, could you send me a screenshot so I can see what are the visuals issues ?

Thanks a lot! :)
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Elowen » 26 Déc 2018 02:43

(editing) the site went a little odd yesterday, and I lost all the images for the creatures for a bit, but I accidentally clicked on the infos on one of the creatures earlier today whilst trying to get to the display codes and I noticed the infos is back.

no wait I'm mistaken it's gone again.

Looks like when you go from the gifts page you reach the old links and it's there - https://gothicat-world.com/creatures/detail/(creature ID)
but opening creatures from your clans directs to https://gothicat-world.com/creatures/creature id?from=my_creatures
and the infos is not accesible

Thankyou so much for all your hard work behind the scenes too Gabou!

Elowen

Message(s) : 97
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

-->

Retour vers Technical problems