Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Gabou, Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar Elowen » 14 Juil 2019 22:31

I've been offline for a bit with a busted computer, but my creatures are no longer displaying on their individual pages, I can force them to show up by manually changing the url to the old 'detail' link, but then of course I can't go forwards or backwards between creatures :(

It's not a caching error, i'm fairly certain it's a display thing, but it's really frustrating.

It was working fine last month and I'm sure it was still good earlier this month so unless something was changed at the time of the ball...

(I still can't use Gothimorphosis on this browser though, but it is now getting to the page. Still can't access/click the mine link, can get to the morphosis and imaginarium tabs though - so it still isn't working that well with older OS/browser setups)

also wondering if it's an issue whereby the site seems to think i'm running a tablet/mobile phone, when I am most definitely NOT (as the default resolution is 'mobile' which I always take to mean 'portable' and after the halloween 'wisps' thing was updated started seeing many of the display errors that some tablet users were reporting :( )

Elowen

Message(s) : 97
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar Elowen » 08 Sep 2019 20:05

and with the crystals update... now the Gothisunday shop is not showing up :(

and the regular boutique (I just wanted to buy a brush :( )

Elowen

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gabou » 20 Sep 2019 23:40

Hi! Can you give the browser you are using and the version?

Thanks!
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Elowen » 22 Sep 2019 23:36

it's palemoon, but I think the older FF browser it's referencing is part of (if not most of) the problem. The rest seems to be that the site seems to think my laptop is an old tablet/mobile because of the related display issues. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the newer FF version, but I've been having 'issues' with that as well, and I'm not sure it's because my old laptop is just dying basically.

(Also google analytics and I have a long running feud/standoff, mostly because it causes FF to hang all the time and I resent loading pages that get stuck because of analytics from Facebook, twitter, and other sites that I have no truck with.)
ImageImage

Elowen

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gabou » 23 Sep 2019 20:01

Can you give me the Firefox version used by your version of Palemoon ?

We compile the site to be used from Firefox 52 and up, the current version is 69
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Elowen » 26 Sep 2019 22:10

thanks Gabou for looking into this. The version of palemoon appears to be... 24.6.2 (x86) and I have a feeling I need to update it as well. I'm not sure where to find the FF version from there it's not in obvious place

I thought it might have been tied to ~ v41 of FF (but you never know, it could be tied to as early as v.16 *facepalm*) Though I do still wonder if some of the issues are incompatibility with that newer coding standard (html5?) and therein likes much of the issue. I'm half tempted to boot up the old tablet and see what it shoes if it lets me connect to the new IP :)

I did notice something interesting about the new gothimorphosis creatures too - under the old browser/detail link, you can only get the 'create nest' option for caring for them.(But can still explore) Guess it ties into the issues with that part of the site not working for me either :)

I should start trying to use the newer FF more browser though, though I miss the simiplicity of the older interface. the new one feels too googlefied to me.

Elowen

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

-->

Retour vers Technical problems