Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Gabou, Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Messagepar tehuti88 » 03 Mai 2021 21:53

Hello, I know this is long but I wished to give all the details. :oops:

Exploration, especially the "Follow Up/History Of Explorations" page, has been rather buggy since the site overhaul. This was especially obvious when I sent my Paladins exploring last night. I sent each exploring twice, then left the site for an hour or so. I returned and noticed that one of my Paladins had discovered a Mystical creature...but looking all through the History Of Explorations pages didn't reveal which Paladin did so. :/ I clicked through to the last page of results----page 36--and noticed that it was NOT displaying all the exploration results--in fact, they cut short four minutes AFTER the Mystical creature had been found, so of course, I couldn't tell which Paladin found it.

I know from experience that the History results can take a while to fully generate, so I left the site for the night and returned again hours later. Here are some screencaps to illustrate the situation:

1. The last/oldest page of History results; notice the time stamp of the "first" exploration logged (Flabellina) is 22:38:32: https://i.imgur.com/kpqE1Mh.png (Flabellina was NOT the first creature to go into exploration--that would be Aiko https://gothicat-world.com/creatures/7267348 , at 22:25.)

2. Dasher's SECOND exploration, at 23:17:21: https://i.imgur.com/Dzh0Wvx.png Today I manually navigated through all my Paladins and finally learned that Dasher is the one who discovered the new creature. I could tell this only because I looked through the "Historic" event logs on each creature profile, because the chest with exploration results doesn't pop up consistently anymore if you navigate away from a creature currently in exploration. (This is another annoying bug that wasn't present before.) Dasher's FIRST exploration, where he found the Mystical creature, never showed up.

3. Dasher's "Historic" event log, from his profile, with the time stamps of BOTH explorations: https://i.imgur.com/ucwW5uZ.png At the top is the second one, 23:15, which I believe corresponds to the 23:17:21 exploration shown in the second screencap (the two-minute difference is probably the start and end time, not sure). At 22:34 can be seen his FIRST exploration, where he located the Mystical creature; like I showed above, this occurred four minutes BEFORE the "first" result (Flabellina, 22:38) in the explorations history.

Here's the Mystical in question, notice his "Adoption date" time stamp of 22:34:12: https://gothicat-world.com/creatures/9834482 This corresponds with the time stamp of Dasher's FIRST exploration (22:34), and again, occurred four minutes BEFORE the "first" result on the explorations history page.

It's been perhaps a couple of hours now since I finished navigating through my Paladins, and the History Of Explorations page has STILL not updated completely to display the earlier results. Previously, the act of navigating through this page or through the clans/creatures which went exploring would prompt the explorations page to update, but this no longer seems to be the case.

I explore by opening each Paladin in a new tab--on my tablet, I can only do this in Samsung Internet browser, because opening Gothicat links in new tabs in Chrome or Brave browser consistently logs me out for some reason--and I believe this may be why the chests don't show up consistently, even though they used to. A suggestion, it would be good if we could select/sort a group of creatures in a clan (for example, all Paladins, or all Lunaris, or all Elonia creatures, etc.), and click on the first or last one in the sort results and navigate straight through THAT GROUP ONLY with the next/previous arrows. I could swear we could do this on the old site. Now, even if we sort to show a particular group within a clan and then try to navigate through them, it just takes us through the entire clan. :/
Seeking missing Mysticals & Holy Paladins! Esp. Nerida, Homam, Markho, Lilas, Erilëa.
Beauties... :D Image Image Image Image
tehuti88

Message(s) : 758
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar tehuti88 » 03 Mai 2021 22:37

Note, Opera browser for Android appears to keep me logged in while opening Gothicat links in new tabs, so that MIGHT resolve that ongoing issue. The explorations history is still truncated, however.
Seeking missing Mysticals & Holy Paladins! Esp. Nerida, Homam, Markho, Lilas, Erilëa.
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar tehuti88 » 04 Mai 2021 05:47

Went through the same thing tonight, though the "first" exploring creature showing up isn't the same as yesterday (tonight it's Jabberwolys, not Flabellina). The similarity is the number of pages displaying. It's looking like there's a 36-page limit on the explorations history (I know it used to be higher), which is rather inconvenient, given that chests don't pop up consistently when visiting a creature's page anymore. :/
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Gabou » 04 Mai 2021 17:28

Thank you very much for your thorough post :)

Indeed the history of explorations module needs an overhaul as it has some old code and it fetches results by creatures and not by exploration event resulting in only the latest exploration by a given creature which can be problematic (and your example with your paladin describe it very well).

I have started working on another way to fetch the current creatures in exploration and the history but I ran into performance issues but I will look again and keep you inform!

I have seen that the sort parameters are not kept when navigating from a creature to another one, I will see how to add and option to keep it.
Gabou
Administrateur du site

Message(s) : 4729
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar tehuti88 » 05 Mai 2021 06:20

Gabou a écrit:Thank you very much for your thorough post :)

Indeed the history of explorations module needs an overhaul as it has some old code and it fetches results by creatures and not by exploration event resulting in only the latest exploration by a given creature which can be problematic (and your example with your paladin describe it very well).

I have started working on another way to fetch the current creatures in exploration and the history but I ran into performance issues but I will look again and keep you inform!

I have seen that the sort parameters are not kept when navigating from a creature to another one, I will see how to add and option to keep it.

Hi! Today I noticed that when I scroll over the "Historic" section of a creature's profile, where it says it "found something," the popup that appears no longer displays what the creature found (Floryns, jewels, etc.). It only shows the amount of Energy lost and Well Being gained. So that's even more perplexing. :/

However, I imagine this is probably tied in with the tweaks being made to the exploration system so it might be resolved soon. Thank you very much for looking into it!
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar lutienlovemagic » 05 Mai 2021 07:40

tehuti88 a écrit:
Hi! Today I noticed that when I scroll over the "Historic" section of a creature's profile, where it says it "found something," the popup that appears no longer displays what the creature found (Floryns, jewels, etc.). It only shows the amount of Energy lost and Well Being gained. So that's even more perplexing. :/

However, I imagine this is probably tied in with the tweaks being made to the exploration system so it might be resolved soon. Thank you very much for looking into it!

I have same problem. :( With the addition that if my creature finds Floryns, for example, it will not be added to the ones so far.
Edit: I correct it, it added, only delayed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
lutienlovemagic

Message(s) : 143
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar tehuti88 » 05 Mai 2021 21:15

Apologies that I keep finding bugs. :oops: I noticed today that I can't edit the "Story" section of my creatures' profile info; instead of opening up the text box to type in, it brings up a little crossed-out circle, then an error message if I hit the send button, and after getting rid of that, a spinner sits there and spins until the page is refreshed:

Bug persists through various browsers, tablet and laptop.

Like before, I imagine this is just temporary and possibly related to site tweaks. Just wished to point it out.

EDIT, I noticed this has already been reported on the French forum: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24609
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar tehuti88 » 12 Mai 2021 19:19

Now I can't get the site to generate even one full set of exploration results. Even hours later, pages of the earliest exploration results still aren't showing (only 21 out of 36 or so generated). :/

EDIT, then of course, the second set of explorations I did today showed up properly after I posted this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It must be an occasional thing.
tehuti88

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar foxhaven » 26 Mai 2021 00:01

I'm having these same issues. My pets go out exploring, find something, but it never shows up and no longer even says what it was.
Best wishes,
Foxhaven
foxhaven

Message(s) : 81
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

-->

Retour vers Technical problems