Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs : Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, International Moderators

Message par Frid » 19 Fév 2015 19:12

I would like to suggest possibilities to breed between pets! That way people can get their ultimate pet. C: We need to expand this site to become even more awesome!
--------------------------------------------------------

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Message(s) : 26
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Message par Rostanga » 20 Fév 2015 20:16

The admins are thinking about an eventual reproducibility, but certain parameters should be carefully considered. They don't want that we could be able to have a certain creature by reproducing a male and a female of this color (for example 2 destrinos Magic night star should not be able to give birth to another Magic night star) in order to keep the rarity of the colors.
And as it is the theme artists who color all the pets, it's impossible to make a mix with two random creatures... the work would be too phenomenal.
Des clics svp ? Merci.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rostanga

Message(s) : 9163
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Frid » 20 Fév 2015 20:28

Rostanga a écrit:The admins are thinking about an eventual reproducibility, but certain parameters should be carefully considered. They don't want that we could be able to have a certain creature by reproducing a male and a female of this color (for example 2 destrinos Magic night star should not be able to give birth to another Magic night star) in order to keep the rarity of the colors.
And as it is the theme artists who color all the pets, it's impossible to make a mix with two random creatures... the work would be too phenomenal.

Agree with where you said you cant breed two of the same together to get a "magic might star". That would be incredible unfair! If would have to be two different creatures no matter what.

Though - I wouldn't say it's too phenomenal... Aywas does it! And they make it work. It would probably be a lot like the Lesser Breeding Coin / Radioactive Breeding Coin. Clip and paste. And then Gothicat World could have artists that does this work. There might be a waittime for these customs, with a month or two, but that will probably be worth it. The artists could be paid with in game currency, or real life.

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Nalynas » 21 Fév 2015 19:02

Aywas has many more artists that Gothicat World does, though, so while your point is valid, it still wouldn't work for this site. Taking into account how difficult it is to get quality artists who will stick around and do what amounts to an incredible mountain of real life, real time work, for what amounts to air and pixels rather than life sustaining real world currency, the task takes on astronomical proportions.

Unfortunately, not every site has access to the funds necessary to keep an entire stable of artists on hand for such things. Gothicat World is a wonderful site, but it's still quite young; it - and by this, I mean the owners, the ones who actually pay the bills - would need a serious infusion of cash to handle the substantial expansion of bandwidth and server space, not to mention employee (read: artist) compensations for their time and effort. By your remarks, I get the impression that you believe quality artists who are willing to work in the established style and for nothing more than air and pixel compensation, are as common as raindrops. This is not a realistic belief. Even artists need life's basics in the real world to survive (food, shelter, clothing, basic transportation), and you can't get those with virtual currency.

When it comes down to it, a pet site is a business, first and foremost; in order to survive, it requires a great deal more than meets the eye.

It's a neat idea, and may even come to pass in the years ahead, but it's not something that can be done quickly or easily, no matter how easy some sites make it look ;)
Rescreatu: Nalynas; Khimeros, Aluriya, Sonas, Flight Rising, Gryffs & Gaia: Maelynd
Nalynas

Message(s) : 1209
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Frid » 21 Fév 2015 19:16

Nalynas a écrit:Aywas has many more artists that Gothicat World does, though, so while your point is valid, it still wouldn't work for this site. Taking into account how difficult it is to get quality artists who will stick around and do what amounts to an incredible mountain of real life, real time work, for what amounts to air and pixels rather than life sustaining real world currency, the task takes on astronomical proportions.

Unfortunately, not every site has access to the funds necessary to keep an entire stable of artists on hand for such things. Gothicat World is a wonderful site, but it's still quite young; it - and by this, I mean the owners, the ones who actually pay the bills - would need a serious infusion of cash to handle the substantial expansion of bandwidth and server space, not to mention employee (read: artist) compensations for their time and effort. By your remarks, I get the impression that you believe quality artists who are willing to work in the established style and for nothing more than air and pixel compensation, are as common as raindrops. This is not a realistic belief. Even artists need life's basics in the real world to survive (food, shelter, clothing, basic transportation), and you can't get those with virtual currency.

When it comes down to it, a pet site is a business, first and foremost; in order to survive, it requires a great deal more than meets the eye.

It's a neat idea, and may even come to pass in the years ahead, but it's not something that can be done quickly or easily, no matter how easy some sites make it look ;)

Lets take me for instance. I am not allowed to earn real life money. I am on welfare and therefore I only have the right to that money. I am on welfare because I'm ill. Because I can't have a job, and I am home every day, I would love to work for a pet site! But I would have to take currency on the site as a payment. (Since I'm not allowed otherwise.) I'm sure there are people like me, in the same situation. So yes it is a belief, but is realistic because it's true in some cases. There are people who are willing to do things for site currency. I've learnt that anything is possible in this world - therefore this suggestion.

And yes it is a business. I can see why it must be difficult for owners to pay all bills. And yes, the site is quite young, but with some massive potential.

I know it might not be something that will arrive in 1-3 years, maybe more. Though it doesn't hurt to suggest - and plan.

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Nalynas » 21 Fév 2015 19:55

I didn't mean to suggest otherwise - the suggesting and planning part, I mean.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't work; I know exactly how you feel. Physical and mental disabilities have kept me from finding meaningful employment for close to twenty years now. It's not fun, and it's certainly not fair, but life is rarely either fun or fair, so I don't bother to dwell on it - most of us, like you and I, prefer not to, and instead make the most of what we have.

I've been a member of this site long enough to see the unique and intricate difficulties a breeding program would entail. Just as an example, off the top of my head: Right now, we are able to change the gender of our pets, any time we wish to. That's something most folks on this site have come to depend on, including myself, because we can't always get the gender we want for a particular pet. There's not always a choice. Implementing a breeding program when all pets are able to change their gender whenever their owners want them to, would probably cause a whole lot of chaos; there'd have to be mitigating factors, but to be honest, I can't imagine how that would be handled. Taking that ability away entirely would create massive outcry, and probably cause a lot of people to consider leaving the site; on the other hand, it would solve many problems, and they could rebuild with those who stayed. Still, decisions like that are hard, and I know there are a lot of decisions just like it that would have to be made before breeding would be feasible. So yes, it would take a whole lot of time, and probably a lot of changes that might not sit well with the current player base.

I see both sides of this issue; my post wasn't meant to deter you from the idea, only to help present the bigger picture, and give an idea of the sheer amount of time, changes and funding that would be needed before something like this could be brought to the serious consideration stage. There are a lot of younger members who firmly believe pet sites simply wave a magic wand and presto - things are rosy. I didn't want to give the younger folks false hopes :)
Rescreatu: Nalynas; Khimeros, Aluriya, Sonas, Flight Rising, Gryffs & Gaia: Maelynd
Nalynas

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Frid » 21 Fév 2015 22:27

Nalynas a écrit:I didn't mean to suggest otherwise - the suggesting and planning part, I mean.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't work; I know exactly how you feel. Physical and mental disabilities have kept me from finding meaningful employment for close to twenty years now. It's not fun, and it's certainly not fair, but life is rarely either fun or fair, so I don't bother to dwell on it - most of us, like you and I, prefer not to, and instead make the most of what we have.

I've been a member of this site long enough to see the unique and intricate difficulties a breeding program would entail. Just as an example, off the top of my head: Right now, we are able to change the gender of our pets, any time we wish to. That's something most folks on this site have come to depend on, including myself, because we can't always get the gender we want for a particular pet. There's not always a choice. Implementing a breeding program when all pets are able to change their gender whenever their owners want them to, would probably cause a whole lot of chaos; there'd have to be mitigating factors, but to be honest, I can't imagine how that would be handled. Taking that ability away entirely would create massive outcry, and probably cause a lot of people to consider leaving the site; on the other hand, it would solve many problems, and they could rebuild with those who stayed. Still, decisions like that are hard, and I know there are a lot of decisions just like it that would have to be made before breeding would be feasible. So yes, it would take a whole lot of time, and probably a lot of changes that might not sit well with the current player base.

I see both sides of this issue; my post wasn't meant to deter you from the idea, only to help present the bigger picture, and give an idea of the sheer amount of time, changes and funding that would be needed before something like this could be brought to the serious consideration stage. There are a lot of younger members who firmly believe pet sites simply wave a magic wand and presto - things are rosy. I didn't want to give the younger folks false hopes :)

It's good you're holding out! If you even let yourself think about the situation a minute, its enough to make you tripple as sick... So it's a good thing you ignore it, and live life! I try to do that as good as I can. :) Getting more and more used to this lifestyle.

I can totally see that problem. With the genders. Tough (Not to reference Aywas too much but I have to...) Aywas doesn't count genders in their breedings. GW can't remove that feature. No need for it, and like you said it could cause chaos.

Of course I don't want another site like Aywas - that would be boring because we already have Aywas right. I feel the difference would lay in that you cant make entirely new customs. Only breed site pets.

It's wonderful to get both sides of the suggestion! This whole conversation is good for the admins to read if they decide to implement this. :D I've been a pet-site player since Neopets when I was 10-11. I'm 21 now! And my favorite thing to do on pet-sites is actually to suggest things. As much as I know that implementing new things on a pet-site is a massive work, I also know that without change - people leave. I've even been that user on one site! Keeping on suggesting things I'm sure will be helpful for the admins, as they see which suggestions are popular and appreciated.

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Nalynas » 22 Fév 2015 00:11

I'm in complete agreement with you on all points, and glad that you understand I wasn't trying to tell you that your suggestion was invalid, because every suggestion, every idea, has validity, and you just never know - it could happen!

I've been playing pet sites since Neopets was in it's beta stage of development, back when there were only a very few choices for pets. I was one of the first Draak owners on the site, and poured hundreds of dollars into their merchandise for myself and my children (who were little at the time) - I still have several electronic neopets (shoyru/uni/poogle and draak/ixi/lupe deluxe models and kougra, grundo and krawk single models), and still take care of every one of them! So you could say I'm a pet site fanatic; many people are surprised at this, because of my age - I'll be 50 in just two and a half weeks - but I find them to be fun and relaxing. I just like virtual pets :)

Hopefully someday they'll find a way around all the hurdles and make breeding a reality here - who knows? It could happen!
Nalynas

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Frid » 22 Fév 2015 00:24

Nalynas a écrit:I'm in complete agreement with you on all points, and glad that you understand I wasn't trying to tell you that your suggestion was invalid, because every suggestion, every idea, has validity, and you just never know - it could happen!

I've been playing pet sites since Neopets was in it's beta stage of development, back when there were only a very few choices for pets. I was one of the first Draak owners on the site, and poured hundreds of dollars into their merchandise for myself and my children (who were little at the time) - I still have several electronic neopets (shoyru/uni/poogle and draak/ixi/lupe deluxe models and kougra, grundo and krawk single models), and still take care of every one of them! So you could say I'm a pet site fanatic; many people are surprised at this, because of my age - I'll be 50 in just two and a half weeks - but I find them to be fun and relaxing. I just like virtual pets :)

Hopefully someday they'll find a way around all the hurdles and make breeding a reality here - who knows? It could happen!

Aww! That is so cozy to hear! And quite amazing. I feel a bit... starstrucked haha! And pffff age is nothing. <3 I actually have one of those electronics of the Uni. Moving her wings, and something. ^^

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Invité » 18 Mars 2015 23:39

i think they should not be lazy and go through all the work to make all sorts of combinations, cause thats what i would do >.>

Invité

Suivant

-->

Retour vers Idea box