Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, International Moderators

Bulk Actions?

YES
64%
NO
27%
MAYBE
9%

Nombre total de votes : 11

Messagepar tehuti88 » 10 Juin 2014 02:29

Hello, I checked the first page of posts and didn't see a suggestion like this yet. Here goes. :oops:

I send all my critters into exploration every day, and it can get quite time consuming the more pets one has, especially since I have to put them all to sleep if I wish them to explore again the next day. I've been wondering if there could be some sort of "mass sleep" function instituted, similar to checking the little box on each of your creatures on a page so you can move a bunch of them into a clan all at once? Perhaps it could even be built into that already-existing function; you check the boxes of the creatures you wish to do something to, then from a (new) dropdown menu, you can choose to move them to a clan, or put them to sleep, or whatever.

A further addition to the idea would be a mass explore option, where you check more than one animal and can select to send those animals into exploration all at once. Of course, for that there would have to be the additional option of WHERE you send them (send all checked animals to Elonia, or Sandisia, or whatever). I don't know if that would be included in the first dropdown menu (that might make it unwieldy/lengthy), or if a second menu would appear once you choose to send creatures into exploration (first the menu asks what you want to do to the creatures, then when you choose "Send into exploration" it offers a list of places).

I can see how the mass explore option might be problematic (a strain on the server?--plus making exploration too easy?) so it's just a thought. I fully understand why there is not a "mass cuddle" function, so will not suggest that. But a mass sleep option, at least, would be so useful, rather than having to visit the profile page of every single critter to put it to sleep individually.

Hope this was clear enough and can be considered for the future. :oops:

ETA--oh, a second thing I've been wondering about! Why is one not able to cuddle a creature on its profile page? I like to cuddle the creatures my own creatures play with; the site doesn't always tell me which creature it was, but when it does, I then sometimes have to search throughout the user's collection, which can be very large and I often don't know how they organize things, and sometimes the creature isn't even visible in their collection (perhaps it's in a trade clan?), so I can't give it a cuddle. :(

A cuddle function directly on the creature's profile page would eliminate this issue...even though it's a very tiny issue. Just another thought.

Okay! I'm done, for now. :oops:
Seeking missing Mysticals & Holy Paladins! Esp. Nerida, Homam, Markho, Lilas, Erilëa.
Beauties... :D Image Image Image Image
tehuti88

Message(s) : 758
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar Frid » 28 Sep 2014 18:45

Support! We need this so much!
--------------------------------------------------------

ImageImageImageImage
Frid

Message(s) : 26
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Dreamsinger » 20 Déc 2014 05:48

I think it might be too much lag on the site. Maybe there could be a max of 5 or 10 at a time? I don't know if I'd like that, since exploration is supposed to be something you work for...
I do like the cuddle option being available on profiles, though! ^^
Envie de parler anglais avec moi ? Ou de m'apprendre quelques bases en français ? Contactez-moi par MP !
Dreamsinger

Message(s) : 40
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar ApprenticeCrone » 20 Déc 2014 12:10

The "cuddle from a creature's page/profile" ! So often have I wished for this!

Yes, please, on the cuddle idea. <3
Désolée mais je ne parle pas français. Je compte sur votre patience, votre bonne volonté et les traducteurs

ApprenticeCrone

Message(s) : 1445
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Nalynas » 22 Jan 2015 18:56

Posting in support of this; I think with a little tweaking, a little compromise, it's some really good ideas :)
Rescreatu: Nalynas; Khimeros, Aluriya, Sonas, Flight Rising, Gryffs & Gaia: Maelynd
Nalynas

Message(s) : 1209
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar WinterSerenity » 03 Fév 2016 07:18

Hello,
I like these ideas. Being able to cuddle on the profile page would be wonderful. The mass sleep and explore would be nice too, even if we have a limit to how many can be sent out at once.
WinterSerenity

Message(s) : 30
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Nightshimmer » 14 Fév 2016 12:07

Supporting this so much for all pet interaction options. The game doesn't use ads for revenue, so there's no reason for making the players constantly clicking through creatures to reload the pages and get more ad impressions. Ads are the only reason why other games utilize this mechanics. It's not a fun or entertaining gameplay, and it makes our carpal syndrome manifest.

And no, it won't cause any additional server load if done with one single button (not like Cuddle option where you still click it individually for each pet and send a ton of queries). On the contrary, it will reduce the load because the players will be able to work all of their creatures with mere 4 server queries (groom, feed, explore, sleep). Right now each creature requires at least 4 queries, and also pulling of the files from server when reloading the pages. There's no difference if you update a single creature or an array of creatures with one query - the load is the same and mostly depends on the size of the table that contains all creatures on the server. It will be a huge relief for the server, reducing the number of queries by dozens and hundreds of times per player. Especially useful during mass events when we had big lags because of a lot players being online simultaneously.
ImageImageImage
I speak English only, sorry for the mistakes! / Désolé, je ne parle pas français. Je parle anglais, désolé pour les erreurs!

Nightshimmer

Message(s) : 80
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Malwene » 15 Fév 2016 21:56

Hi everyone :)

I think I have a good idea of what would be Calie and Gabou's arguments so let me tell you:

mass explore : no, it would make it too easy, explorations are here to make you earn floryns, adopt ne creatures and get random items. One button to send ALL your pets would be too easy.

mass cuddle: cuddling earns something (I forgot if XP or floryns) so here again, making it mass would lower the game interest.

mass sleep: ... hum ... no idea, why not? :p No really I don't see much of a problem with this one!

To make everything clear, Gothicat, just like any other game, has the prupose to make you stay and play longer. If the main activity (explore) only takes one click then what would we do? :D

I also heard Calie say that each creature matter, so going to cuddle them all one by one is something she doesn't want to be removed.
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar halloween3110 » 16 Fév 2016 01:18

Malwene,

I have to say, I agree with your arguments on the whole - but just maybe if we take the time to send each creature out on exploration - then we should be possibly always be rewarded with something?

I like sending my creatures out, but find they very rarely bring anything worthy back?

I am not suggesting a creature or gems, but at least a little floryns everytime?

Instead some of us are punished on a good lot of occasions, either by getting ill - or otherwise.

It puts me off sending my creatures out for exploration to be truthful.

I honestly cannot remember when one of my pets brought me back any Gems or another Pet?

Sorry if this seems negative :(
halloween3110

Message(s) : 1192
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar Sicahya » 17 Fév 2016 11:13

Hello !
I don't really have an opinion on this, because I know the answer Malwene gave, but I have just a little something to say about these :
tehuti88 a écrit:I send all my critters into exploration every day, and it can get quite time consuming the more pets one has, especially since I have to put them all to sleep if I wish them to explore again the next day.

I don't need to put all your creatures to bed to make them explore again the next day, they always can explore every day, even if you don't put them to sleep for the night :)

tehuti88 a écrit:ETA--oh, a second thing I've been wondering about! Why is one not able to cuddle a creature on its profile page? I like to cuddle the creatures my own creatures play with; the site doesn't always tell me which creature it was, but when it does, I then sometimes have to search throughout the user's collection, which can be very large and I often don't know how they organize things, and sometimes the creature isn't even visible in their collection (perhaps it's in a trade clan?), so I can't give it a cuddle. :(

If I'm not wrong, when you click the name of the creature and go on its profile page, it automatically cuddle it :)

ImageImageImage
~ ♫ ~
Image Thème Artiste | Saloon & International moderator Image
Sicahya
International Moderator

Message(s) : 6721
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Suivant

-->