Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs: Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, International Moderators

Messagepar wraitheon1 » 23 Mai 2013 09:48

This is a book I started writing in year 7 called Feathers of the Moon. let me know whether to keep writing it or not. The blurb is at the bottom of this page.

Feathers of the Moon
Capture

Shadow Moon was running as fast as she could. She spread her black eagle-like wings and began to speed up on her four aching legs. Shadow Moon began to lift off the ground, but as she was reaching the minimum height a net was fired at her from behind. As is hit her, her wings were locked tightly to her sides, causing her to begin plummeting quickly down to the ground at a deadly pace. Shadow Moon struggled against the net links but it wasn’t breaking and she was almost at death point. As she struggle more she managed to get her head free, but as she began to break the ropes binding her, everything went black.
.:.:.:.:.:.
When she awoke, she slowly lifted her aching body and tried to stretch her wings but was welcomed with a sharp pain. Shadow Moon quickly swung her head around to see that her left wing had been strapped tightly to her side with bandages. The long graceful feathers of her wing were no longer perfectly straight; they were bent and had been dented or crushed in her fall. When she tried to move it she almost collapsed in pain making it obvious she had survived the crash with only a broken wing. Soon Shadow Moon lay down and let her fatigue take over.
An hour or so later she was rudely awoken two ‘Strangelings’; As wolves commonly call humans, coming through the door. They slowly walked towards her with strange objects in their hands. When they reached her cage she began to growl. One of the Strangelings unlocked her cage and held Shadow Moons muzzle tightly shut. The other one then took the item from their hand and placed it gently over her mouth. When the first strangeling released its grip the item was tightened over her muzzle. She tried to attack them but her jaws were locked together because of the strange item that covered her mouth and nose. Shadow Moon was soon dragged out of her cage and was sedated. She was then dragged to another room where her blood was to be sampled.
Shadow Moon slowly awoke in a room full of Strangelings; around the room were tubes full of a thick red liquid which was the same tone as her blood. But in other tubes there was a slightly darker toned blood than hers, whose blood is that? She wondered.
Two Strangelings slowly and warily approached her holding a long rope and a syringe in their hands. Upon reaching her they pierced the skin and injected the liquid inside into her broken wing making Shadow Moon wince in pain. She was then instantly able to move her broken wing without it hurting. They then untied the bandages from her wing making her once again able to fly freely. Once finished they tied the rope around her neck and freed her mouth of the muzzle that stopped her from attacking them. Shadow Moon was then dragged to another room that had a glass wall blocking off the other half. Thrown harshly to the cold tiled floor the door was locked behind her. Carefully she rose to her paws and was shocked to see another wolf like her in the next room. He was a beautiful silver wolf with long elegant white wings. The wolf was sleeping quietly in one of the corners of the room on the other side of the glass wall. Shadow Moon slowly padded over to the glass wall and howled loudly to wake the other wolf up. The male wolf slowly awoke and stretched his long graceful wings, when he saw Shadow Moon he ran to the glass wall cautiously not sure if she was a friend or foe. Shadow Moon jumped back in surprise but trotted back over to the glass again. She barked playfully and ran to one of the corners in the room and quickly took off into the air to show off her skills. The male wolf watched her in awe as she flew about performing somersaults and other complex tricks.
Shadow Moon soon landed by the glass. “Hi,” she said, “my name is Shadow Moon,” but it was muffled through the glass and didn’t sound the same. ”My name is Silver Soul,” the wolf replied. Shadow Moon laughed and ran around the room wildly. However Silver Soul wasn’t as happy now that the Strangelings had found a female like him. They had to escape. And fast...

2 The Failed Plan

Silver Soul was trying to get Shadow Moon to calm down because the Strangelings would arrive soon to move them. They had to act fast, but it’s hard to calm down an excited female as he soon found out. Silver Soul let out a loud sharp howl and Shadow Moon immediately calmed down. He called her over and explained the situation to her the best he could through the glass. Shadow Moon nodded her head in agreement to plan an escape.
After an hour of discussing a plan they decided on trying to break the thin pane of glass between them. They both nodded in agreement and went to opposite sides and opposite corners of the room. Perfectly in sync they both took a big run up and slammed their body weight into the pane of glass creating a small crack. Shadow Moon took another charge with Silver Soul and they cracked the glass a little more. They then got ready for a final run but Shadow Moon left too early. She was shot with a sedation dart and hit the glass with little, almost no force. A single Strangeling walked into Silver Souls’ room and sedated him as well.
The two wolves eventually awoke in yet another new room. But there was no glass wall between them this time though. Shadow Moon awoke first and quickly ran over to Silver Soul and tried to wake him up. Several minutes later he awoke to see Shadow Moon sitting in a corner Staring at some Strangelings outside. Silver Soul padded over and sat down next to her. “I didn’t quite catch your name before, mines Silver Soul,” he said to her calmly. Shadow Moon quickly turned around, “You startled me, mine is Shadow Moon,” she replied kindly. They slowly introduced each other and soon became good friends. After a while they had another plan for the next time they were moved. The plan was to dodge the darts and pretend to be asleep, and then quickly jump up and escape.
Once the discussing was over Silver Soul could hear four Strangelings talking about something. “When are they going to breed?!” Asked one,
“Calm down Castiel, they’ve only been in there for a couple of hours, be patient,” Another said,
“I agree with you Felicity but Castiel does have a point, we need them to breed so their species stays alive,” A third argued,
“You have to take into thought that the female may not even be in heat yet,” The fourth said, but Castiel just groaned angrily and left the room slamming the door behind him. Shadow Moon and Silver Soul glanced at each other with a worried look in their eyes, “we have to escape, NOW!” Shadow Moon yelled.

Blurb
Spoiler: show
The world is harsh, will their species survive? ...
Shadow Moon is one of the last of her species and it is only when she is captured by Strangelings that she realises it. She soon meets Silver Soul and they plan their escape. Will they successfully escape or will it end in tragedy making their species become extinct forever?
Please cuddle my pets Image

wraitheon1

Message(s) : 5
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Messagepar Efellia » 25 Mai 2013 17:58

Ohhh, I really like your writing, and the story is very nice ^^ Keep up the good work !
♥ De retour ♥

ImageImage

Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImage

Efellia

Message(s) : 3312
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Messagepar coolcutelily » 26 Mai 2013 05:26

This looks great!!! Keep it going :D
Check out my official writing website:
http://coolcutelily.wix.com/talesofnatasha

Also please check out my pets. :D
coolcutelily

Message(s) : 3
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Messagepar wraitheon1 » 05 Juin 2013 09:56

Thanks for the feedback. As of now I have mind-mapped most of chapter 3. Watch out in future for the next chapter
Please cuddle my pets Image

wraitheon1

Message(s) : 5
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

-->

Retour vers Writers corner