Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs : Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, Modérateurs Discussions Générales, International Moderators

Message par Truffula » 01 Fév 2017 01:04

Malwene a écrit:
By the way, I thought deers and does and such animals bugled? Do you know of any place where I could learn more about animal sounds?

And when talking about the rivers, is my suggestion of "shores" wrong? Maybe it only applies to the sea shore?

I am always happy to have a native person to ask my stupid questions to... do let me know if I am asking too much ^^

Never asking too much, I am happy to help out!

It is much easier to create a poetic translation into my native language than from it... probably best if the final draft of a translation into English is with assistance of a person who is very fluent in English, and the final draft of a translation into French is by an expert Francophone.

The sounds that deer make - I must admit it is completely unknown to me before this translation effort. Where I live, we have white-tailed deer (cerf de Virginie) who don't make much sound, at least not that I have heard - I see them often.

We do not have fallow deer (daim) or roe deer (chevreuil) so I have no idea what sounds they make... nor did I even know till this translation work that there were so many different kinds of deer! Each seems to make different sounds.

Maybe the person who helped me with the translation of "brama" saw this page: Recording of a male fallow deer bellowing in Haldon Forest. This is the only place I saw it called that; other words to describe their sounds are: calling, grunting, groaning, snorting, and most specifically, burling. I've never heard of the word "burling" in my life, but here is a video: Vocal fallow deer.

As for "shore"... you can use "shore" with reference to a river, but it's uncommon and, with the mention of a sea so nearby, it would be misleading. See this discussion for more information: Stack Exchange River Shore question
Truffula

Message(s) : 661
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches
Voir mes dessins

Message par Malwene » 01 Fév 2017 21:08

Thank you very much for the ressources Truffula!

Now that I see it, I remember the word "bank" referring to a river ... it just slipped my mind at the time! :D

And I never really searched into it but I think there might be only one word in French for all the "deer" family (i.e. brâmer). But as I say it, I really never searched more than that... maybe there are other words in French too? Anyway... it has to be one of the least musical animal sound I know! :lol:
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Truffula » 01 Fév 2017 21:19

Here's the Wikipedia English list of animal sounds (pretty comprehensive!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animal_sounds

For Deer, it says: bellow (buck) bleat (doe, fawn) and cites this humorous sounding book title as the reference: Symons, Mitchell (2012). The Bumper Book For The Loo: Facts and figures, stats and stories – an unputdownable treat of trivia. :lol:
Truffula

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Tomoe » 01 Fév 2017 21:34

Hello,
I receive this wonderful flamiris <3 Image
I love this story!! This is very touching and pure. I like!!
Thanks Truffula and thanks to Eliya for the translation :D
My english is so bad >.< Sorry for the mistakes :oops:

Spoiler: show
La valkyrie de la semaine
Extrait du livre secret des valkyries:
Fil
iana fut nommée la Prêtresse en raison de sa capacité à entendre la voix de deux de ses parents, les dieux Wotan et Freya.
Elle entend de tout temps les encour
agements et les avertissements de ses parents.
Ainsi, Filiana gagna de nom
breuses batailles et sauva beaucoup de ses soeurs.
Tomoe

Message(s) : 2791
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Malwene » 01 Fév 2017 21:36

Oh boy! Thank you so much for this page!! Lots of things to learn and now I'm playing with my boyfriend finding out what animal says what (in French mind you :p)

And now that you say this title, I think I know this book! I just never came around to reading it! I might have to though :)
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Truffula » 01 Fév 2017 21:45

Tomoe - I'm so glad you like Noyau and his story!

Truffula

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Précédent

-->

Retour vers News on Gothicat World !