Mon Jeu Adopter Boutiques Forum Communauté Jeux Monde Guides

Modérateurs : Modérateurs Artistiques, Modérateurs Écriture, Modérateurs RPG & écriture, Modérateurs Saloon, International Moderators

Message par Jatty » 05 Sep 2013 05:37

I noticed that when I was about to suggest a trade with someone that I had already asked to trade the same creature with someone else. If I hadn't caught myself, would it have let me go through with the trade, only to have one of the exchanges to possibly end in a backfire? Or would it have come up with an error message saying that creature is already in a pending trade?

Even if there was an error message, it seems like it would avoid a bit of confusion if the creature were somehow removed from the trading list so as to not be a presented option for a possible second exchange.

Just a thought, anyway. xP
Please click if you have time!
Jatty

Message(s) : 44
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir ma liste de recherches

Message par Nalynas » 05 Sep 2013 05:45

A very good one! Posting in support of this idea; hope it becomes real :)
Rescreatu: Nalynas; Khimeros, Aluriya, Sonas, Flight Rising, Gryffs & Gaia: Maelynd
Nalynas

Message(s) : 1209
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Malwene » 05 Sep 2013 09:41

Trades are going to be completely revamped and I understand your idea but I know that I would not like to see creatures removed from my trade list.
Let me explain why: just for monthly trades, I tend to send a lot of equivalent trades to different members and just see who will reply the fastest. So having the eggs removed temporarily because they are involved in a trade might not be too convenient sometimes.
Also, some members might need an extra time ton consider big offres for older/rarer creatures. I might send a few at once and again, see who will reply sooner.

How about a slight modification and have a little mark next to a pet already involved in a trade? This way you could see it but still select it if you want.

Also, if you offer one creature to 3 different persons, only the fastest of them to accept your trade will be able to get it, all other trades will be automatically canceled.
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Jatty » 05 Sep 2013 12:08

Okay, that makes sense. Yes, even a little mark would be a big help since I'm not a big fan of putting one creature up for multiple trades, personally.

Thank you. :mrgreen:
Please click if you have time!
Jatty

Message(s) : 44
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Nalynas » 05 Sep 2013 17:00

Malwene a écrit:just for monthly trades, I tend to send a lot of equivalent trades to different members and just see who will reply the fastest.

To be honest, this is exactly the reason I hope this idea gets implemented. This is irritating, especially if you're not the one who responds the fastest. I tend to block people who do this, because I can't be here all the time, sitting around in anticipation of someone doing this so I can be the fastest responder. I can't tell you the number of times I've turned my computer on, checked my email, found trade notices (and did a happy dance), only to arrive here to find out the trades have been cancelled because someone did this exact thing. Speaking for those of us who aren't "fast enough", it's disheartening and leaves us feeling like we're not good enough. Not the feeling you want to leave your players with, I'm sure. I find it hard to log in, sometimes, when that's happened to me; it's depressing, to say the least. I'm sorry, but to me, this is the worst sort of rude behaviour. I'm here to have fun, not be constantly reminded that having a life outside the site is a bad thing, because I won't ever be 'fast enough' unless I'm here all the time.

That's my opinion, from my personal experiences, though. It can be deeply disheartening, especially to younger players, to always be 'too slow' to catch these 'scatter trades', and could ultimately lose players for the site. Perhaps something can be worked out to be beneficial to everyone; I'm hoping so :)
Rescreatu: Nalynas; Khimeros, Aluriya, Sonas, Flight Rising, Gryffs & Gaia: Maelynd
Nalynas

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Malwene » 05 Sep 2013 17:36

I see what you mean Nalynas and I have to admit I had never thought of it this way!

I think I'll translate your message and show it to the team if you allow me as french members have never said anything close to this as they mostly jump on adoptions and trade like crazy in the first days, that's why the french monthly adoption post gets so many replies! :lol:

I send many requests and see what happens when I do send trades. Now that I have my favorites I just wait for trades to come in and I understand this feeling your describe when you see a nice trade only to discover it has been canceled.

I don't know how to balance this as we can see people clearly have 2 ways of thinking that doesn't really fit together :/
Malwene

Message(s) : 2731
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures
Voir mes dessins

Message par Nalynas » 05 Sep 2013 20:32

Of course, you have my permission to translate it and show it to whomever you like. I can see why, being caught up in the excitement of trading the monthly creatures so everyone has the entire set, some folks might not think about the five or six people they're offering the same one or two creatures to, just so they can hurry up and have them for themselves.

Sounds kind of selfish and impatient, when you think about it... and I hadn't, until now. I just knew I'd always been on the "too slow to get that trade" end of things, and know how it feels.
Nalynas

Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Betta132 » 09 Déc 2013 04:14

I really do just think there ought to be a little mark that tells you it's already in a trade... As of now, I keep a list of what's in my trade group and what's already in a trade.
I've never really done the whole offer-a-pet-to-loads-of-people thing, even on other sites... Like there's this one other site that lets you know a pet is already in a trade, and if it tells me that I won't offer it to someone else.

Betta132

Message(s) : 12
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Asazi » 30 Déc 2013 11:30

One idea that might work for both lines of thought is to have a notice by the pets that are in trades (red name, "Already in a trade", etc) that both parties - owner of the pet and person offering a trade - can see. That way those who don't like that can leave the pet alone and those that don't care can try anyways.
I do not speak French and use Google Translate. I'm sorry if anything I say sounds weird.
ImageImage Image
Asazi

Message(s) : 79
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Message par Calie » 06 Mars 2014 18:45

Well, we are implementing a simple mark (already offered in an other trade) but it is just a warning and it won't block the creature... :|

Nanylas, an option in the profile which can permit to block trades involving creatures already offered in other trade(s) would be helpful ?
I don't event know if this is possible for Gabou to make something like that, just a thought, but I can talk to him about it if that can help players in your situation :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ma boîte à MP déborde ! Merci de poser vos questions en rapport avec le jeu/votre compte etc... dans le forum !

ImageImage

ImageImage
Rejoignez-nous sur facebook

Calie
Administratrice du site

Message(s) : 9951
Me proposer un échange
Voir mes créatures

Suivant

-->

Retour vers Idea box